Published on Wednesday, 28 April 2010 09:53
Pentaho Delivers Major Advancement in Agile BI
Addresses Business Need for Rapid, Flexible and Low-Cost BI Solutions
Orlando, FL – June 10, 2010 – Pentaho Corporation, the open source business intelligence (BI) leader, today announced the worldwide general availability (GA) of Pentaho Data Integration Enterprise Edition 4.0 and Pentaho BI Suite Enterprise Edition 3.6. These major releases include enhancements for reporting, analysis and dashboards as well as the new Agile BI integrated ETL, modeling and data visualization environment.
The new releases support the company’s Agile BI initiative, which enables organizations to build BI applications more quickly, respond to business changes more easily and expedite time-to-value for up to 90% less cost than traditional BI vendors.
The new functionality includes:
Major enhancements and additions to Pentaho Data Integration Enterprise Edition
- Enterprise Edition Data Integration Server
- Content management with versioning and team development features
- Enterprise security
- Integrated scheduling
- Usability improvements
- Unified ETL, modeling and data visualization perspectives
Updates to allengines on the Pentaho BI Server
- Pentaho Data Integration – engine upgrade to 4.0
- Pentaho Analysis – engine upgrade to Mondrian 3.2
- Pentaho Reporting – engine upgrade to 3.6.2
Pentaho Analysis enhancements
- Member Property support in Analyzer
- Scheduling support in Analyzer including ability for a schedule to email an analyzer report
Pentaho Dashboards enhancements
- Configurable refresh intervals for individual dashboard widgets or the dashboard as a whole
- Ability to define filter control lists based on Pentaho Metadata data sources
QUOTES AND MULTIMEDIA
“This release of Pentaho Data Integration Enterprise Edition is the most significant release since our first version,” said Richard Daley, CEO of Pentaho. “Combined with version 3.6 of our Pentaho BI Suite, this is a major step forward in delivering on our Agile BI Initiative allowing companies to realize BI projects that are quicker to build, easier to adapt and faster time to value.”
- Both the Pentaho Data Integration Enterprise Edition 4.0 and Pentaho BI Suite Enterprise Edition 3.6 are available for trial download at http://www.pentaho.com/download/.
- Read blog by Jake Cornelius, Director of Product Management at Pentaho, ”Top 3 reasons to download PDI 4.0 and BI Suite 3.6 GA” http://blog.pentaho.com/.
About Pentaho Corporation
Pentaho Corporation is the open source business intelligence leader. Thousands of global organizations deploy Pentaho software to make faster and better business decisions that positively impact their bottom lines. Pentaho provides a comprehensive BI suite that includes capabilities for data integration/ETL, modeling, data mining, analysis, reporting and dashboards. The Pentaho BI suite supports the company’s Agile BI initiative, which enables organizations to build BI applications more quickly, respond to business changes more easily and expedite time-to-value for up to 90% less cost than traditional BI vendors. Pentaho was founded in 2004 and is headquartered in Orlando, FL, USA. For more information, visit www.pentaho.com.